- 100% organic
- Easy to use
- Environmentally friendly
- 500g (90-100 loads of washing)
Fancypants Soapnuts are 100% organic and safe for the environment, your family and your washing (especially your cloth one-size-fits-all nappies). Soapnuts are a completely natural berry grown and harvested in the Himalayas from the Sapindus Mukorossi tree. Yellowy-orangish in colour and a little sticky, these “nuts” are jam-packed with organic washing awesomeness! None of the typical substances found in laundry detergents and washing powders (enzymes, perfumes, whiteners and fillers) that are often the cause of skin irritations, are found in Soapnuts. Add to that the fact that they are easy to use and economical too!
Directions for Use:
- Load washing machine as usual (rinse nappies before hand if necessary).
- Add 3-6 Soapnuts to the small wash bag (included) and chuck it in the wash with your load.
- Without adding washing powder and/ or fabric softener, set your machine to wash.
- When the machine’s cycle is over, hang laundry to dry in the fresh air and warm sunshine.
How do Soapnuts Work? The saponins in the shell of the Soapnuts act as a natural surfactant in the water – aggitating and freeing dirt from the laundry. During the rinse cycle, chemical-free saponins and dirt are washed away without harming the environment. To go even greener, consider using the grey water in your garden. A single wash bag of Soapnuts (3-6 “nuts”) can be used for approximately 4-5 loads washing at 30-60 degrees Celsius, or 2-3 loads at higher temperatures. Better for the condition of your washing and electricity bill, try do as many loads on a cold wash. A single 500g bag of Fancypants Soapnuts will last for 90-100 loads. Doing one full load a day, that’s 3 months’ worth of washing. Easy on the environment and easy on your wallet!